- Narrator: Dr. Anne-Marie Lee-Loy
- Associate Professor of English at X University
- author of (among other academic works) Searching for Mr. Chin: Constructions of Nation and the Chinese in West Indian Literature (Temple University Press, 2010)
- Primary Investigator: Counter Cultures Network
- Interviewer / Photographer: Daniel Clarkson Fisher
- Date Recorded: November 22, 2018
- Location: the narrator’s office at X University, Toronto, ON
- Length: 37:34
While Anne-Marie was always on my own personal shortlist of potential narrators, I became even more attached to the idea of interviewing her during my preliminary research: among the many scholarly sources that informed this project, hers were among the most useful, insightful, and beautifully written. I returned to her work again and again as I sought answers to questions and struggled to understand things far outside my own experience.
I’ve also gotten to know Anne-Marie a little bit through my partner Stephanie, and have always really enjoyed talking with her.
It should also be noted that, like a few other participating narrators, Anne-Marie was part of the original working group assembled by Ray Chen to discuss the possibility of an oral history project in 2015.
– Daniel Clarkson Fisher
The interview and portrait are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.